Welcome to Remine Mobile, the map-based property intelligence mobile app. The purpose of this guide is to give you a general overview of our platform to help you get started with the system.
Our goal with this mobile app is to allow you to mobilize your insights that you generate with the Remine desktop app. Whether you want to view property history during a showing appointment or contact a listing agent about a property for sale that you just walked by, you can access all of Remine’s powerful data and predictive analytics on the go.
While this tutorial focuses on a general overview and getting you comfortable with the basics of Remine Mobile, you can also schedule a one-on-one consultation that will help you focus on specific tasks within the app.
Download the app
In the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, search for Remine, and download the app. When you open the app, you’ll be prompted for your MLS email and ID. Even if you’re already a registered Remine user, we must confirm your identity, since the app is publicly available to download. After you follow the steps to identify yourself in the app, you can log in like usual, using your MLS credentials.
For the best Remine Mobile experience, enable push notifications and location services for the app.
Remine Mobile Overview
Remine Mobile has four main components: Discover, Track, Chat, and Profile. These appear in the bar at the bottom of the app, and serve as your navigation tools throughout the app.
- Discover: This is the map, where you can perform the following tasks:
- View property details for individual properties, which are represented on the map by blue dots.
- Apply layers for simple, colorful visualizations on the map.
- Apply filters to narrow your search and draw a shape around an area that you want to target.
- Track properties and people.
- Track: This is your list of opportunities, where you can view and manage your tracked properties. You can filter your tracked opportunities by filters and labels, and view property details.
- Chat: This is the agent-to-agent chat feature.
- Profile: This s where you can view your own listing history and manage all your application settings.
Part 1 - Discover
Let's start with the Discover tab. This is the map, where you can visualize opportunities with our powerful layers and filters. There are three zoom levels on the map:
- Blue Dots (15+): This is the closest zoom level, where you can see blue dots that represent each property parcel. This is also where you can see choropleths when you apply layers.
- MLS Flags (12-14): This is the medium zoom level, where you cannot see blue dots, but you can see MLS status flags. You can filter listings at this zoom level, but you won’t see choropleths if you apply layers.
- World (0-11): This is the farthest zoom level, where you cannot see blue dots or MLS status flags. You can apply filters and layers, but you cannot track results.
If you want to see properties near your current location, in the lower left corner of the map, tap the Nearby button. If you want to search for a different area, find the white search bar at the top of the map and type an address. We recommend starting with your own address if you don’t have a specific neighborhood in mind. With Remine’s search function, less is more – type the address slowly, and tap the address when it appears. In addition to addresses, you can also use this search bar to locate ZIP codes, TAX/PIN/APNs, people, offices, and agents. If you are on a paid plan, you can also search for school zones and neighborhoods.
When you tap an address in the search results, the map will zoom to the location of the property, the property parcel appears highlighted in blue, and the property card appears in a carousel at the bottom of the map. The property card displays some basic information about the property.
If you tap the property card, you’ll see the property details, which displays more information about the property and its history. For now, swipe the property card down to return to a clean view of the map.
Map filters and layers
The next step is to apply layers and filters. Layers display a choropleth (colorful overlay) on the map for quick reference, while filters remove properties from the map that don’t meet your criteria.
Say you apply the Property Value filter with a value of $0-$500,000. When you tap Apply Filters, only the blue dots that meet this criterion will appear on the map.
Say you apply the $0-250,000 and $250,000-$500,000 layers in the Property Value layer category. When you tap Add Layers, a green choropleth appears over the blue dots on the map, identifying properties that meet your criteria.
What are the available filters and layers?
The following table describes the function of each available filter and indicates whether it is also available as a layer category:
Absentee displays properties based on owner occupancy. A property is identified as absentee-owned when the property address doesn't match the mailing address for the owner.
Note: The Absentee tool is available only with our Plus, Success, and Pro plans.
|Baths||Yes||No||Baths filters properties by the number of bathrooms in the property. If this information is not reported by the county, we estimate the number based on the square footage of the property, number of bedrooms, and similar properties within the ZIP+4 that we do have bathroom counts for, thanks to listings in the area.|
|Beds||Yes||No||Beds filters properties by the number of bedrooms in the property. If bedroom count is not reported by the county, we estimated the number based on the square footage of the property, number of bathrooms, and similar properties within the ZIP+4 that we do have bedroom counts for, thanks to listings in the area.|
Property Type displays the following building types for properties on the map:
Distressed Deals displays properties with the following publicly recorded states of foreclosure:
The information available to us is only what the lender has officially recorded with the courthouse. We do not have real-time data on missed payments.
Note: The Distressed Deals tool is available only with our Pro plan.
Flood Zone displays whether homes are in a high-risk flood zone, based on the latest digital FEMA flood maps.
Note: The Flood Zone tool is available only with our Plus, Success, and Pro plans.
Home Equity displays the estimated equity an owner has in their property.
Note: The Home Equity tool is available only with our Plus, Success, and Pro plans.
|Listing Price||Yes||No||Listing Price displays the last known sale price of all homes sold since 1990.|
|Lot Size||Yes||No||Lot Size displays the size, in square feet, of the property parcel.|
|MLS Status||Yes||Yes||MLS Status displays flags for all the properties within your MLS that are Coming Soon, Active, Active Under Contract, Pending, Canceled, Closed, Expired, Hold, or Withdrawn.|
|Mortgage Age||Yes||Yes||Mortgage Age displays the age of the active mortgage associated with the property.|
Mortgage Rate displays the interest rate of the active mortgage associated with the property.
We have mortgage information on only 10-15% of the country. If we do not have any data for the mortgage on a property, the property parcel is blank when you apply this layer.
|Ownership Time||Yes||Yes||Ownership Time displays the length of time the current owner has owned the property.|
Property Value displays the estimated property value based on an average of all available estimates.
Note: The Property Value tool is available only with our Plus, Success, and Pro plans.
Sell Score displays the timeline in which a property owner may be likely to sell. Sell Score is a machine-learning model that identifies which off market residential properties are likely to transact sooner than others in their area.
Nationally, a property with a High Sell Score is 5 to 10 times more likely to transact in the next 6 months to a year than a random off market residential property. While the Sell Score is not perfect, our feedback shows over 50% accuracy. This means that if you target 100 homes, then 50 of them will be as likely to sell as we estimated.
|Square Footage||Yes||No||Square Footage displays the size, in square feet, of the home.|
Save the properties
Now that you’ve applied your filters and layers, in the upper right corner of the map, tap the Draw button. Use your finger to draw a custom shape around the properties you want to focus on, and release. Only the blue dots inside the shape will appear.
The next step is to tap Track ## Results in the upper right corner of the map. When you track properties, they’ll automatically be assigned the label Mobile mm/dd/yyyy, with today’s date. These tracked opportunities and this label will reflect in both Remine Mobile and the Desktop application.
You can think of labels as a method of organizing all the properties you’ve tracked. You can modify your labels, including the default mobile labels, at any time in the Track tab.
Part 2 - Track
Now that you’ve tracked properties on the map, you can view them on the Track tab. On the bottom bar, tap Track, just to the right of Discover. You can think of the Track tab as your bucket of opportunities, where you can see all your tracked properties and people in list form.
On the Track tab, you can see some basic information about each tracked opportunity:
- Properties: For each tracked property, you’ll see MLS status, property value, and Sell Score. Tap Show More to see additional information, like bed and bathroom count, square footage, lot size, owner name(s), and any associated labels. If you tap an address, you’ll see the Property Details page, which displays detailed information about the property.
- People: For each tracked person, you’ll see the latest associated property and whether the person is the owner, Sell Score, Buy Score (available with our Success and Pro plans), and any associated labels. If you tap a name, you’ll see the Associated Properties page, which includes all properties to which the person has a historical connection.
Tap Sort in the upper right corner of the Track tab to sort your properties and people by many of these characteristics. You can also filter your tracked opportunities. In the top bar, tap Filters. You can filter your tracked properties by label, as well as all the familiar Discover map filters. You can filter your tracked people by label and Buy Score. When you tap Apply Filters, all the tracked opportunities that match any of the selected filters appear in the list.
If you want to download a CSV of the opportunities you track in Remine Mobile, you can transition seamlessly to Remine Desktop to do so. All your tracks and labels are reflected across both platforms.
Part 3 - Chat
Keeping with the on-the-go nature of Remine Mobile, we’ve introduced agent-to-agent chat! In the bottom bar, tap Chat. When you have any chat history, your past chats appear on this page.
There are two locations where you can send a new message:
- On the Chat tab, in the upper right corner, tap the button. In the To: box, begin typing a name. As you type, names appear. Select one or more names, type your message, and tap Send.
- On the Property Details page for a listing:
At the bottom of the screen, tap Message Agent.
- In the Listing Agent section, tap Message.
If you send a message to an agent who hasn’t activated their Remine account yet, don’t worry! The recipient will receive an email notification that you’ve sent a message, so the agent can log in and respond.
How to reach us
- Support Hours
Monday - Friday: 9am-9pm ET
Saturday: 9am - 1pm ET
- (855) 217-0171
- On https://remine.com, click the blue chat icon in the lower right corner.
In the Remine Support Center, you can:
- Read detailed articles about Remine Mobile.
- Schedule a 1:1 session with one of our representatives.
- Submit a ticket for any suggestions or issue that you have.
Access the Support Center from Remine Mobile with the following steps:
In the bottom bar, tap Profile.
The Profile tab appears.
In the upper right corner, tap the button.
The Settings page appears.
- In the Support section, tap Get Support.
Please sign in to leave a comment.